Samstag, 1. Oktober 2016

The route

Hey y'all!

welcome to my first entry on this blog. First of all, I'd like to tell you a little bit about who I am and what I'm about to do.

So my name is Annette, I'm 18 years old and I live in Germany. Since I was little, I've always dreamed about traveling through the world and seeing as much as possible of it. When I was 14, I decided to spend one year at an American Highschool as an exchange student. My year in Florida has taught me a lot about myself and let my desire to see and experience more of the world grow even bigger. Now the time has come and I will finally be able to make my dream come true. I have decided to take a year off after finising Highschool here in Germany, and will travel through Asia and New Zealand during the next 6 months.
So let me tell you more about my trip. I will travel with two friends, Tatjana and Sofie, who I know since 5th grade. We will start our journey on October 16th. The first stop will be Dubai where we will spend 4 days. We've already planned a few things including a trip to the desert, a visit on the highest building of the world, and a day in the famous water park. The thing I'm most excited about though, is the fact that I will be able to see one of my best friends. I met her during my stay in Florida. She is from Saudi Arabia and lived in the States for a couple of years, but now she returned to Riad with her family. Unfortunately, we will only be able to spend one day with her, but I'm beyond excited to finally see her again. <3
After our short stop in Dubai, we will fly to Denpasar in Bali. There we will spend about 3,5 weeks before we go on to Malaysia. We have a week to discover Singapore and Kuala Lumpur and will then fly over Bangkok to Hanoi. From there we will travel through Vietnam for two weeks (we can only spend two weeks there because of very strict visa policies :/ ). After that, we're going to discover Cambodia, Laos, and Thailand. In total, we have about 2 months for that.
Sofie will fly home after the trip through Asia, and Tatjana and I will go on to New Zealand where we will meet another friend from Germany, Anja. First, we will spend a few days in Auckland and visit a friend who will be there as an Au Pair for half a year. For the rest of our time in New Zealand (about 7 weeks), we have already rented a campervan. That allows us to travel to places which are not accessible by public transportation and also to camp almost everywhere. I literally can't wait for this little road trip through New Zealand's stunning landscape!! :)
After that, Tatjana and Anja will stay in the area and discover some islands around New Zealand whereas I will fly home to Germany. That will be around the end of March/beginning of April. I wish I could have stayed and travelled with them to even more unknown places, however I will fly to Florida at the end of April with my family, so I just don't have the time to do that. But I'm actually even more excited to return to my second home and see all of my friends and family there! <3
If you're wondering how I can afford all of this, I have been working for the post for the last three months and have saved some money over the last few years.

I can't wait to start on this incredible adventure in two weeks!! So if you're interested in following me on my journey and want to know where I go and what I'm up to, read this blog ;D.

Stay tuned,
Anne :)

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen